Trevors Homecoming

Monday, March 18, 2013

Letter #5 (I now love Monday's)

WHAT UP FAM!

To start things off just want to let you know that the library I'm in right now, the heater isn't working. So, I'm freezing my ginger butt off in here writing this and cant feel my fingers so this might be a interesting one! Well this week was pretty legit! Had a lot of way cool things happen! I got to see Fakey aka Lindsay and Whit on Monday that was way fun! We partied it upppp! But on Wednesday we had a exchange where we just switched Companion for the day. So I got put with Elder Hunt, who lives with us. And I got put in charge of my area so I was the head ginger! ya that's right! ha ha. Well it started off really slow no one would answer their doors but while we were walking down the street a lady came running across the road and stopped us and asked if we were the Latter Day Saints. We laughed and said yes. You could tell she had her fair share of the druggies but she said she needed God more in her life and wanted a Book of Mormon. So I talked to her about it and set up a appointment for the following Saturday. While we were leaving she pointed over to a guy sitting on the stairs who was her husband and said he needed God in his life to, so we waved and said we would see her on Saturday. So we walked down the street to the house we were going to and no one answered.....of course! So we headed back and I said to E. Hunt if Tonya and Domar were outside......... (the lady who just stopped us and her husband) We should just teach them cause we had some time before our next appointment. So we walked down there and they were, so we stopped and started talking to Domar and he was really upset about life because he broke his leg and was out of work. And him and Tonya just kept screaming at each other so once they calmed down I asked if we could go inside and they said yes. Once we got inside the mood changed big time Domar wasn't being a clown and was really paying attention. I grabbed a Book of Mormon and started to talk about how it would bring blessings into there lives and how it can get them through the rough times there having. Well after that Domar started crying telling me about how he is frustrated because he can't eat when he wants to and he can't keep up on his bills! ya sad stuff! So I asked him if he wanted a blessing and he did so we finished the lesson and I gave him a blessing...FYI this was the first blessing I've given so I was soiling my pants. But it was way cool I just relaxed and let it flow. It was way cool and he was very happy after. But I felt like a champion leaving that place it was really cool. But that was the cool experience for the week. Now for the funny stuff. on Friday we went over to a guys named Victor. He lives in a old folks home! ha! Well we get there and we sit down and he just started telling us about his whole life story and the reason he is in there is because he use to be a gang banger! He got in a fight and this guy who hit him in the head with a metal bar. So, after that he has always has seizures. He is only like 40. Well he kept talking about just random stuff forever and about half way through a sentence he stopped and lifted one of his cheeks off his wheel chair and ripped one! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I was trying so hard not to laugh and you should of seen the chocolate man trying not to laugh it was awesome! made my whole day!! And for St P day we went to another ward and they fed us a bunch of Haitian food it was goooood! And I ended up having to do a dance in front of everyone which was only like 50 people its a little branch..ha and it was a Tongan dance called Hakka! A member recorded it but ill see if she can send it to you. But there were 2 funny girls who are like 13 and 15 came up to us and asked if my hair was natural! guess these chocolate people here don't see a lot of ginger white boys! But after that dinner we went to another members house and they fed us pork chops and fruit and rice crispies! it was good and there little daughter who is adopted from Haiti is obsessed with me its funny! Well that's it for the week love you guys and tell twink to keep on being chunky! haaaaaaaaa

  • Love: Elder Smith

1 comment:

  1. Trevor you keep up on Tonya and Domer, It sounds like God put them in your way, you can do this, and after reading this letter, I know that you are exactly where you need to be. Tracey, you have and awesome son.

    ReplyDelete